Thursday, April 23, 2009

Look Again

A little perspective changes everything. Maybe try looking at the big picture, or if you're always looking at the big picture, maybe try finding a small detailed part of whatever it is and remember why the big picture is so important. Just got to look again from a different angle. Once perspective has done it's job.
Purpose makes itself clear again. And with a little of everything, joy, adventure, sweat, pain, laughter and tears, plus the all encompassing Love Himself...
You find that your not only just getting by, your not only just finding a way to make a tangible livelihood,
You will be undeniably, irrevocably, truly Living!
Although I know this, these emotions and seemingly impossible situations that life may throw, make me think this journey is not as beautiful as some describe. But then I have to put it all back into its place, find my bearing's, step back, tilt my head, squint my eye and give it a little, itty bitty bit of Perspective.

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

Thanks for your encouraging words! Can I just say "ditto" to yours?

Charmaine said...

Yes you can!

Thanks :)

Xaris said...

Your words reminded me of a newly published book called: The Noticer - Sometimes, all a person needs is a little perspective, by Andy Andrew. I think you would love the book!

Susan Sohn said...

Very good. Love your writing!

Steve said...

Look at the big picture! That's a great thing to do. A priest once told me to do that when I shared with him a problem that was going on in my life and asked him for advice. I think he gave me some great wisdom. I like this blog, too.

Priscilla said...

Wow you have no idea how much i needed to read this just now!! I've been struggling with keeping the big picture in mind while job hunting for full-time work & being worried about all the minor or not so minor details that make up the bigger picture. But yeah I've just gotta keep positive and keep fully relying on and trusting in God :) even when it doesn't look like He's clearing a path so to speak.

~Priscilla

Anonymous said...

I was looking at the songs of yours on my ipod:) These last almost 5 years have been a strange journey for all of us hasnt it? These songs are like stories of your life & mine as well:) These songs are pieces of your (charmaines) big picture:) my mind is to tired to put them in order to go with your lifes past,save the day,tug of war (live,september,tell me,sacred love affair,say it with my life,all i ever need is you,tug of war,be love,emmaus (live)undone,harder to be,close to you,give me love,all i need,acceptable,escape,all in all,i love you lord,:) I am sure the lord never wanted to cause you unhappiness,I seen Jellybean has a song called wish in reply to harder to be. Love you always R:)

Anonymous said...

You have strong faith Charmaine. I just wish you would come to the One True Faith which is the Catholic Church, outside of which there is no salvation. Protestant denominations are heretical and of Satan.

mercyrising said...

Thanks for the reminder. Just today I was reminded in the psalms - I am not alone. He is always with me. Don't stress the little stuff.