Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Just because.

I had an Epiphany yesterday. I had dinner and watched house with a few friends and i decided to go home a little earlier, so as i was driving home, i saw Target. I only had about 25min before it closed but i decided to go in anyway. I couldn't help myself! I really had no need to buy anything..i was just wondering around. I passed the kids area where all the toys were and i noticed the the little princess dresses. My Auntie Nelly would dress me up and announce my coming into the royal court as 'Princess Charmaine'. My friends would say that i still have that complex. But i realized something interesting in Target last night. If no one had told me that i was a Princess,(and in essence what they were saying that i was special, noticed etc) then i never would have thought it of myself. It was my aunty's belief in me (being someone of importance to her), that made me think that i was someone in the world. I believed through her belief in me. Now don't get me wrong, i don't mean this is a cocky way. In no way do i believe myself to be any more special than you or anyone else. I'm just saying that i would not have realized my importance if no one had told me that I'm noticed or special to them. So here i was in Target finally getting it! And if you still think I'm big headed, i implore you to read on..! Unless my Dad or Mum or someone in whom has known me for some time, had never told me i was loved, i highly doubt i would have ever believed it to be so. But (in my case) thankfully they did, and i know. I now realize something with a little more depth..i know why this world is so very...what's the right word......messed up! Most people don't believe. We have all become very good actors. Making the people around us think that what our "ideal's of who we are" is the true reality. Yet never really believing it ourselves because behind the mask, we live unloved. So the strain and heartbreak in relationships continues, and people go on living half truth's. What freedom would there be if you knew and believed, that you were undeniably, loved? Now i know very well that many don't know because they haven't been told. Maybe that's you. Maybe not. The great news is that in spite of whether you were or not, it can change with you. It can continue with me. To let others know that they are loved. If they knew, maybe then people would learn to love themselves in a way that opens up the door to love others and accept them, for no other reason than ...just because. To hear someone say it...better yet live it, is what we all long for. Love is a powerful thing. Telling someone that they are loved, is even stronger. Believing it... is freedom. It's so cliche. But i don't care. It's the truth and Princesses don't lie. Plus i think Love Himself would agree..don't you?

5 comments:

Priscilla said...

Charmaine I love your blogs :)

I especially like where you said "To hear someone say it...better yet live it, is what we all long for."

That is so true! Actions definitely speak louder than words more often than not.

1 John 4:10 (my fave of fave verses)

:)

*Priscilla*

Anonymous said...

wow, you were serious about an Epiphany! lol. This is very deep and enamoring.

I often find that the best witness is not talking about my faith experiences or rubbing other people's noses into my faith ideals, but just to LOVE, and allow my faith to shine through that.

We live in a world where nothing is face value and everyone is affect by it but everyone pretends not to show it.

I loved the part where you said "Telling someone that they are loved, is even stronger. Believing it... is freedom." Often there are times when you are told one things but responded to with another, so the believing it is really key to making the whole thing work.

I think that's why God tells us to BELIEVE in Him FIRST and the rest comes later, because He can fill our hearts with His love.

hearts as always!
~Taryn

Unknown said...

I just think it's cool to know that all the love I get comes from God. It's also very cool when friends cheer me up when I'm feeling down. I can't help but think that God told them to brighten up my day.

Soul Reaper =^..^= said...

Very nice. it is amazing how much verbal positive reinforcemnt spoken out of true love can effect a person. You are a blessed sister. haha princess....that's a funny word...heirs to the throne that we are! Praise God!

Anonymous said...

Hi Charmaine,

Just stopping by to say hi. *g* I'm really enjoying reading your blogs.

Jen