Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Just Here.

Painted one wall in my basement last night with a friend. It used to be an ugly mustard orange. Now its a fresh white. Don't know what color I'll be putting on it...we'll see. May just live with it for a while, you know? I really don't know what to tell you...there's nothing too exciting bout my life right now. No embarrassing moments (yet). I am coming out with a new EP very soon and I'll be sure to tell you when it releases! Be looking out for that :) As of right now, in this moment of time, this very second. There's no sadness, no extreme happiness. No longing. No anxiety. Although, I've had my fair share of it all and I'm sure there's plenty to meet me as time moves on. But with nothing hanging over my mind, no boy right now to entertain my thoughts, no heart to mend. No brokenness, no real excitement. No monumental thought to share...I'm just here. In spite of ALL those things that I have experienced in the past and probably will in the future. In this moment I'm here, with no 'broken bones' it seems. I'm ok. And what do you know? My dad was right! Everything passes in time. Everything. Nothing can pull us so low that we can't keep walking. Unless of course you choose to let it. All the pain or bliss gets etched away in time. It's like I'm a bridge and the stream is Life. On stormy days the water rises to the point of overwhelming me. And then there are days where it all seems picture perfect. So, it's one of those days...maybe I wont fret so much next time the waters seem about to throw me over. It'll pass. As much as there might be more storms, I can be sure to find good days. It all depends on what your bridge is made of. I don't know what yours is made of. Maybe your made of the same stuff as me. Maybe not. I do know what mine is made of, and so... I know it's going to be fine. Just here, right now, I'm ok. Jer 29:11-13

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, I still have paint on one of my fingernails that I can't seem to scrape off. I just keep wondering how you're going to finish the other wall by yourself, especially without Najee there to watch Asher! haha. but anyway...

If only I'd known that I could've discovered such insights by peaking over your shoulder the other day! But at least I discovered it now. :-)

I really love the bridge metaphor. That's a good way of looking at it, and there are many different materials that can make a bridge, as long as it's cared for properly. There's definately something to be said for just letting yourself relax in a pleasant moment and sitting with it as it is in comparison to everything you've been through already.
Love,
Taryn

P.S. noticed the verse reference. Kairos! tee hee

Priscilla said...

Enjoyed the blog and I also really like the bridge metaphor too :) It sounds like you're in a good space/place.

Jer 29:11 is something I'm keeping in mind a lot lately as I work out what to do next with my life. Then I came across this song by the guys from Revive band ft. Mac Powell (you prob have heard it) called 'You Know' and soon as I heard the lyrics I was like 'wow that so expresses everything that I'm feeling at the mo'. Here are the lyrics:

I have so many dreams for my life
I'm going this way and that
Spending so much time worrying
About how it's all turning out

But you know where I've been
And you know where I'm going
Cause you see all my plans for what they are
I lay them all down

You keep the sparrow flying in the sky
Why do I question you?
The flowers of the field are wonderful
I'm a child in the palm of his father

I will worship
I will bow down
To you always

*Priscilla*